Mountaintops where you can view a deep red sunset.
The vast ocean where the whales and dolphins swim.
Long-established breweries with over 100 years of history,
and popular activities too.
Once you see them, you're sure to be astounded.
You'll exclaim, "I never knew there was such an amazing place in Tokyo!"
On this website you'll find
information on the charms of the outlying area and islands of Tokyo covering a variety of topics.
Come on! Now's the time to try it!
Experience a new luxury that can be found close to Tokyo,
in the thrilling outdoors and culture of
the Tama area and the Tokyo Islands.
Only two hours from the city,
the Nishitama area covers the western part of Tokyo.
Magnificent mountains and the enormous trees that cover them.
Powerful rivers that flow through mountain gorges.
Blessed food cultivated from fertile soil and clean, pure water.
Towns and people rich in character and nature.
Festivals and activities rarely seen in the big city.
The gentle, nostalgic atmosphere of Tama is Tokyo's oasis.
South of Tokyo,
the Island area is composed of small and large islands dotting the Pacific Ocean.
The mystical blue seas, volcanoes that reverberate with the Earth's pulse,
plants and animals that uniquely evolved,
numerous breathtaking landscapes created by unique terrain and weather,
and the history and culture of people rich in diversity.
All this will capture the traveler's heart and never release it.
Spend a luxurious time that flows tranquilly by in the Tokyo islands area.
Lush nature, electrifying activities, profound history and culture, food and locations that satisfy and soothe your body and soul. Tama and the Tokyo Islands are filled with undiscovered charms. Isn't it time you took a vacation to discover the new luxury of Tokyo?
- Jan. 29
- Added Event Reports for Tourism Expo Japan 2018
- Jan. 25
- Added Hamura & Niijima & Hachijojima Special!
- Jan. 25
- Added Event Reports for TAMASHIMA Instameets at Tokyo Niijima Island Camp and Tokyo Akiruno
- Dec. 3
- Added Mizuho & Ome Special!
- Nov. 30
- Added Tama Hiking and Camping to Collaborate Contents
- Nov. 19
- Registration for TAMASHIMA Instameet Tokyo Akiruno is now closed.
- Oct. 26
- Added Miyakejima Special!
- Oct. 10
- TAMASHIMA Instameet TOKYO AKIRUNO
- Oct. 4
- Added TAMA & SHIMA 360°VR Animal View to Movies!
- Sep. 20
- New Movies: TAMA & SHIMA 360°VR Animal Views
- Sep. 19
- We have updated TAMASHIMA.tokyo!
- July 31
- TAMASHIMA Instameet TOKYO NIIJIMA ISLAND CAMP in HABUSHIURA
- Jun. 12
- Check with the updated Google Street View of Takamizusanzan in Ome-shi and other new spots in Kozushima and Miyakejima!
- Apr. 13
- Check with the updated Google Street View of Omekyuryu Hiking Trail(Mt.Sanpo,Yaguradai) in Ome-shi and other new spots in Mizuho-machi and Okutama-machi and Oshima and Kozushima and Miyakejima!